Honda Civic Forums - 7thGenHonda banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Not to long ago my rear endlinks finally went out so I started searched around online for DIY's to see how other people were diying their endlinks. For the most parts everyone uses rod ends and a bolt which is cool but I just didn't like them for some reason. I wanted something more like the corsport endlinks. While looking online at http://www.midwestcontrol.com I stumbled upon these male, male(EMMS-10) and female, male(ESM-10) metric ball joints.

http://www.midwestcontrol.com/part.php?id=27

http://www.midwestcontrol.com/part.php?id=72

So I decided to order 4 of EMMS-10 and 4 of ESM-10 so I could replace my front and rear endlinks. My grand total to build 4 endlinks including shipping was about $50 not the cheapest solution but I am happy with my results.

Materials required per side. 2 sides required per sway bar.
1 EMMS-10 --ordered from midwestcontrol
1 EMS-10 --ordered from midwestcontrol
3 Metric M10 x 1.5 nuts --bought from local hardware store
4 Metric M10 washers or standard size equivalent --bought from local hardware store
Some loctite --bought from local hardware store

Pic of all pieces for one endlink

Everything Assembled

Next to OEM endlink little shorter than oem but I haven't had a problem with it.

Installed

Edit: As of 8/03/2012 I've put about 23k on endlinks with rsx rear sway and 02 civic front sway and endlinks are holding up great.

·
.... wtf just happened
2,431 Posts
waiting for 1 of 2 possible updates in a few months.

1. fuck this was a baaaaad idea and they broke, at least it was only $50 for all 4.

2. greatest idea ever for replacing or making stronger endlinks, and at a great price to boot.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm not that hard on endlinks since I don't autocross or track my car. Worst stress my endlinks face is going in and out of driveways loading up one side then other. So far I've gotten 15 days on the endlinks and there still running strong.

·
Registered
181 Posts
this is quite interesting, I will highly consider this when mine go out.. They look pretty awesome compared to stock/stock replacement!

Thanks for this!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Im a little lost here. Did you make them yourself because you wanted them to be stronger and better? or because its a cheaper alternative. I recently replaced my end links and they only cost me $25 for both.

·
.... wtf just happened
2,431 Posts
aka, he got 4 (2 per sway bar) possibly stronger (and better looking to boot) end links for $50. I can guarantee you if you paid $25 for 4 end links they're either garbage or heavily used (and probably about to break oem) ones

·
Registered
15 Posts
They're Honda end links, I only replaced the front 2. Not the whole sway bar just the two end links. They were new but got a discounted price, Dealers price was like $15 according to the paper. That would still be only $30. Was just a question no need to call my end links garbage.

·
Premium Member
2,230 Posts
So... First off thanks for putting this up. I recently (yesterday) found out I needed new endlinks, and I appreciate having an alternative. Couple questions that I can't seem to decipher. So far the past month they've held up pretty good? It was $50 for a set of 4 endlinks (2 per sway, front and rear)? Or is it $50 for ONE set (one sway)?

And the picture you have up looks like the endlinks are attached backwards from how the stock endlinks were attached. I'm assuming it doesn't matter, but I just wanted tl know why that is. Maybe I am just looking at it wrong.

Thanks
-Austin

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
i'm definitely going this route next time i need endlinks. Shipping doesn't justify itself online if thats the only thing u buy from majestic. So i went into the dealer to buy my oem replacement one. These look almost identical to my corsport ones too :) good diy!

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
those arnt looking bad at all, hopefully they last, you got em on a OEM rear sway bar? im assuming my progress rear sway bar ripped through my passenger side oem endlink, im gona need some aftermarket links i doubt these will hold up to it

·
Premium Member
2,230 Posts
Just installed mine yesterday. Had to look at the pictures a few times and look at the old endlinks and put them on the sway 3 different ways before I finally got it lol. Glad I didn't take it to a shop. They might have just installed it any which way.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts