Honda Civic Forums - 7thGenHonda banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
8,872 Posts
No, not at him. There are others in that thread that may need the help.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
definately easier with the impact gun, tried without and wasnt to fun lol

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
so i need to change my ball joint outs.... is there a difference between honda ball joints and other brand ball joints?

·
The Almighty
25,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
there are warranty differences, u can go with a 10 dollar ball joint with a 90 day warranty, or go with moog which are like 60 a piece and are much better quality. or theres honda which are 1 year warranty, or other parts stores offer 1-2 year warranties. but a ball joint is a ball joint

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
there are warranty differences, u can go with a 10 dollar ball joint with a 90 day warranty, or go with moog which are like 60 a piece and are much better quality. or theres honda which are 1 year warranty, or other parts stores offer 1-2 year warranties. but a ball joint is a ball joint
nicely said. i'll call honda to see if they have only the ball joints available, if not... then i'll see what the price differences at the parts store is =X

·
The Almighty
25,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
honda does sell them, but they will try to sell u the whole assembly.... get em from napa or wherever

·
The Almighty
25,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
anytime yo! its what im here for!

·
The Almighty
25,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
there u go whiners, fixed.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Do you know if you can rent the ball joint c-clamp from the auto parts stores? Or anyone have a link to a cheap one that would work?

·
The Almighty
25,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
yea u can rent em, they arent cheap

·
Registered
216 Posts
"now dont foreget to seat the axle into the bearing before installing the knuckle, otherwise it will be a pain. after installing the knuckle back into the LCA and strut, install your new axle nut/spindle nut and tighten"

Can anyone clarify this a little further? I'm not sure how to seat the axle into the bearing? Thank you!!

21 - 40 of 40 Posts