Honda Civic Forums - 7thGenHonda banner

Crazy Ideas

Tags
crazy ideas
1K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  perser2 
#1 ·
Ok so you can classify me as crazy if you want. But you know sometimes crazy ideas can take you a long way into having something unique, and also improving your knowledge in good sources of learning. I sometimes get this highly imaginative ideas of thing that have never been tried before, and its always been a fascination of mine to achieve something unique. So hear is an example of one of the thoughts I have…..its money saving in my example…lol….

Do you guys think is possible to get a home theater system subwoofer, and use it with your car stereo system??.....lol..

feel free to post any off you thoughts and ideas…ill like to hear the ideas that you might also have regarding to cars solutions, so post them up….. It could be mechanical, electrical, performance, styling, or even economical and money saving like mine... lol.

#5 ·
lol...thats cool...ive heard that home speakers or subs are not strong to heat temperature, but hey it dosnt mean that you cant do anything with them...LOL..
How did you do the wiring??..did you use an amp??

#7 ·
wiring is the same all speakers have two contacts... and you have to use an amp. otherwise it would sound distorted at even the lowest volume. you need something to drive it... its just common sense,

#6 ·
its a speaker. there is nothing different. maybe not as aesthetically(Sp) pleasing but it will function just like it would if it were a car speaker.
and vise versa you could use car woofers in a home application. why do you think it wouldn't be possible?

#8 ·
thanks hatch, that what i want to know...ive read people doing car subs in home systems, and they said that it sound bad ass...Now vice versa, i havnt heard many people doing this...i do thing is not a practical idea but i have a couple of home subs that im not using and i am definitely thinking of messing around with them..lol..yea im that cheap... LMFAO

#10 ·
Atleast buy a car enclosure for the woofers dont use the home one.. they're cheap man!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.