·
The Almighty
25,301 Posts
thats a good price drop, but why do u need that

·
Registered
267 Posts
ive got 1 of those in me civic.

good useful for track work so u dont have to look down at the RPM all the time.

very bright when at the track and it dims at night so it doesn't blind you while driving.

i set mine to begin at 4k rpm and stop at 7k rpm and go up every 500rpm increments.

·
Registered
5,112 Posts
Well, sometimes when a car goes really, really fast in a straight line on a closed course (some call it "drag racing") sometimes the driver needs an aid to know when the exact right time to shift is, as he has a few things to keep track of, like the direction the car should or shouldn't be heading.

·
Registered
267 Posts
that is correct you dont want to look away when a corner is coming up (road/track course)

·
BWAAAAA
15,050 Posts
you should get to know your car and how it feels and sounds... my truck (which was my first car and the vehicle i learned to drive stick on) has no tach. and i beleve it taught me to have a feel for the car and when to shift... to this day i never look at my tach on my alti or the 8th gen. idk i would have no use for it.

·
yeah...u mad lol
6,883 Posts
^Okay Speed Racer :bowrofl:.

Just kidding. But word, these things are useless. Great for ricers :D

·
Registered
267 Posts
lol its just wat i had at the time

im gonna look at sum double sided tape when i start my holidays in feb

·
Registered
5,112 Posts
I just thought of something.

Say you're building an all-motor K20. It's not that much of a stretch to have a redline at 9500rpm with that square, or even undersquare, motor. If you don't want to run a RSX cluster, or have a massive tach, wouldn't this be the most tasteful option? Have the lights only come on at about 6K and every 1K thereafter?

I think some people's knee-jerk reaction to the words "shift light" may have missed some utility with this thing.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts