Honda Civic Forums - 7thGenHonda banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
8,872 Posts
^^^^^^That is why I have reservations about the hood. I dont like the holes for the pins, and really dont like the cracks. If it was not for those, I would have already gone down there and got it... Actually I am driving down this morning. So if you respond to this early enough and we talk perhaps....

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cracks arent that bad once hood pins are on...Pics dont show how good of a condition the hood is..I agree i hate the hood pins but i also wouldn't like the hood to blow off..

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
lmao ive been driving without hood pins since day one of my hood it flaps a little on the freeway but i dont wont to damage my hood by cutting into it!!!
I drive constantly on the freeway 80-100 on the highway i seen jump up and down constantly in the front. I would rather put hood pins than have the hood fly off on me. Latch wise not all hoods have the same quality work done..i don't trust mine especially on a no name brand hood. Don't get me wrong tho the outside quality is great.

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yea it looks good if u lived near by i would buy it off u i have a VIS hood soo i dont now if it has a good braket on it !!!
Thats what im planning on getting either vis or seibon next year..i hate hood pins :D

and if i cant sell this im going to try out those aerotech hoodpins

·
I DRIVE A GAY SCHOOL BUS!!!!
1,774 Posts
What is the reason behind the hood pins? Can a CF hood not stay on securely without those?

·
Just Touch It, Bro
9,954 Posts

·
Registered
8,872 Posts
I am waiting till after xmas....

I would still like to get the hood and the use the same pins clint is on his build....
I just need to do some research and get my funds built back up after the holidays....
I think it would look pretty sick on the wife's ride.

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ill probably end up getting some aerocatch hoodpins..hoods in great condition and i dont feel like paying 400-500 for a new hood..still up for sale tho till i get the hood pins which i dont know when :D

1 - 20 of 23 Posts