Honda Civic Forums - 7thGenHonda banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I've decided that I'm going to get a cat delete exhaust system, but obviously there is still the O2 sensor there to worry about. I found a 'mini-cat' that you can buy that mimics the function of the factory cat, but is just a small thread-on honeycomb filter that threads onto the sensor and into the threaded bung onto the exhaust itself. (The website is http://bigdaddiesgarage.com/mini-cat-cel-fix.html) I'm curious if anyone here with an EM2 has tried this or heard of it. I've read some other forums and so far it seems pretty reliable. Any positive input would be great!

Also, what do you guys think the best sounding muffler is on our cars. Right now I've got a can on it and the glass has all blown out and it sounds like a can of bees. Just looking for something that doesn't scream ricer LOL. I've heard the magnaflow and it sounds pretty badass, just wondering what your guys' opinions are.
Thanks my civic bretheren :tup:

·
Registered
277 Posts
If you want to run no cat, You can buy a Megan Racing Test pipe if you have an EX. You just take out your stock cat for the test pipe and your done. I also have one for sale that has a spacer on it for the o2 sensor which prevents you from getting a Check Engine Light from not having a cat. Let me know.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
@ 05CivicCoupe, i ran out or PM's for 120 mins. I'll get back with you tomorrow about the test pipe. Thanks again :tup:

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
i just finally...after years... installed my megan cat delete pipe that i've had for centuries... Install was a beetch because the gasket didn't want to sit correctly and blah blah but after playing with it for a few hours... it sounds good. Not ricey at all. o2 defouler worked wonderfully too, a great $6 investment.

my setup btw is HP header > megan cat delete > stock midpipe > HKS hi-power.

i love my HKS so i vouch for it :tup:

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i just finally...after years... installed my megan cat delete pipe that i've had for centuries... Install was a beetch because the gasket didn't want to sit correctly and blah blah but after playing with it for a few hours... it sounds good. Not ricey at all. o2 defouler worked wonderfully too, a great $6 investment.

my setup btw is HP header > megan cat delete > stock midpipe > HKS hi-power.

i love my HKS so i vouch for it :tup:
Haha nice. What defouler thing are you using? I'm considering a magnaflow system to replace the half-ass one i have on there now. The guy who bent the piping i think was intoxicated lol you have just the HKS muffler/can?

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
Haha nice. What defouler thing are you using? I'm considering a magnaflow system to replace the half-ass one i have on there now. The guy who bent the piping i think was intoxicated lol you have just the HKS muffler/can?
i got it at autozone. spark plug defouler (HELP!) part number #42009. just drill one of the defouler out and screw the o2 sensor in and then all together into the downpipe. Yep HKS only comes in axleback for our years.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i got it at autozone. spark plug defouler (HELP!) part number #42009. just drill one of the defouler out and screw the o2 sensor in and then all together into the downpipe. Yep HKS only comes in axleback for our years.

Cool, I'll have to check that out. :tup: also, have you heard anything about not having enough backpressure will cause the valves and piston rings to burn up? I was looking into getting a catless megan racing downpipe which has a resonator, and then my exhaust goes straight into a can. I'm not sure if this is a good idea or not :dunno:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts