Honda Civic Forums - 7thGenHonda banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My honda civic 2002 stalls after running 20km approx and doesn't start for next few minutes. After waiting for a couple of minutes, it switches back on and runs fine for next 20-30 km. What could be the possible issue? I have changed fuel pump and had other known repairs done but the problem doesnt seem to go away. Please suggest possible solutions. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
6 Posts
My honda civic 2002 stalls after running 20km approx and doesn't start for next few minutes. After waiting for a couple of minutes, it switches back on and runs fine for next 20-30 km. What could be the possible issue? I have changed fuel pump and had other known repairs done but the problem doesnt seem to go away. Please suggest possible solutions. Thanks in advance.
Hello!
Seems so TDC sensor is dying (37840-PLC-006). But there is must be check engine indicator.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for reply. There's no engine check light when car is running. There is set pattern to stalling. It stalls after 20km. I let it set for couple of minutes and it runs fine for another 20km. I got it scanned and the error it showed was At system transmission malfunction 7003 (p0700). Is it sensor-related probelm? The car changes gear fine from 1st to 5th. Its manual transmission. Please suggest possible and exact solution to this problem. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
12 Posts
That's gotta be a bogus error message considering the mt.

I suggest getting your own bluetooth ODB2 tool to use with your phone and monitor the codes that way. Amazon has some cheap ones that work pretty well. I've seen this behavior when a crank sensor had gotten oil in it but that was in my old Dodge caravan(now a woodshed), and it gave no codes. Surely the 02 civic has a code for this?
I did a search following the idea and found this: troubleshooting page so if you get any of those codes it may be an indicator. That part is a pita to get to btw. I suggest doing timing belt water pump ad front main seal(buy a bit undersize) if it does turn out fo be the culprit.

My theory on restarting after a wait is that the defective part(whatever it is) cools off or drains of fluid(my case). Could also be a fuel pump though that's less likely to be as specific. Also, the ecu could in theory overheat and cool down.🤠
Hope this helps and as usual, expect no warranty on free advice.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts