Honda Civic Forums - 7thGenHonda banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been farting around in this area for awhile looking at turbo stuff and all that. I have a bunch of question in regards to a cam swap. I have an 01 D17A2 engine. I dont want to get into porting or anything like that, I was just wondering what kind of gains I would see with a camshaft upgrade. I was reading some of Andy's turbo posts and he said he seen big gains from a stock cam to stage 3 cam. 75 whp. I dont expect numbers like that or anything, but evidently, the stock heads flow fairly well, our intakes just suck. Plastic pieces of shit. (Correct me if I am wrong.) I have no idea where anyone would tune the car around here even if I had something like that done. Im in Saint Louis, so somethign close to here. And what does everyone use now a days Hondata. Also, when does everyone usually shift with cam upgrades? Will the redline increase at all?

·
Retired Mod
10,304 Posts
go to Crower.com and look at the cam specs for the D17 and that will give you an idea of power limits that the cam can make power in. No point in revving if the cam isn't making power.

Stock head flows OK and so does the IM at low (sub 10psi) boost levels.

Hondata is the only EMS (aside from the AEM standalone) that you can run and up the stock rev limiter.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
well yea absolutely, I am the guy who went from 2nd to first and over revved to 9 grand and f**ed one bearings in the tranny. So the tranny is coming apart getting all 5 bearings replaced minus the diff bearings because thats ok. New ACT clutch HD5-SS. When I do something, I always go all the way. Moderation is not a word when it comes to the car. LOL thanks for the posts.

·
Banned
389 Posts
go to Crower.com and look at the cam specs for the D17 and that will give you an idea of power limits that the cam can make power in. No point in revving if the cam isn't making power.

Stock head flows OK and so does the IM at low (sub 10psi) boost levels.

Hondata is the only EMS (aside from the AEM standalone) that you can run and up the stock rev limiter.
hey speed, what kinda gain did you get off your stage 2. i'm about to order one + the valves

1 - 12 of 12 Posts