Honda Civic Forums - 7thGenHonda banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got an 04 civic, with new headers (dont have old ones) and a cold air intake that was there when I got the car. I have until the end of may to pass a smog test so my car can be registered. To replace all those parts would cost me about 1000 i dont have, I KNOW PPL IN SAN DIEGO HAVE MODDED CARS!!!! I cant afford the repairs, I need to know where i can go and 'pay a lil extra' to make it pass. please some1 help me!!!

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Do you have an Ex or Lx? If you went to a salvage yard probably wouldnt be more than $150 to get an oem header and air box.

Or could find someone to loan you a header and oem intake box.

Otherwise last i heard shops charging to just pass you was about $300 but thats up here in norcal.

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
buy my oem header.i got a spare...but that's if your'e EX.

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
i passed with an HP header but the guy i went to knew my dad.... so he was like...i'll do it this one time xD

·
I like.............cars.
2,858 Posts
I say go to the Junk yards down on Main St in Chula Vista and buy oem parts and have them put it in.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Just hit up a junkyard. And have someone in the sd area help put them im, they all seem pretty cool people, maybe theyll lend a hand

·
Registered
965 Posts
This is Exactly why im keeping my NH plates when my car gets out here, so i can do whatever the hell i want to it, and the cops cant do anything about it! :tup:

california is way too strict on mods...

·
.... wtf just happened
2,431 Posts
why wouldn't you pass? Oh wait your from California :)
why would post something so retarded, oh wait you're from new jersey nuff said

This is Exactly why im keeping my NH plates when my car gets out here, so i can do whatever the hell i want to it, and the cops cant do anything about it! :tup:

california is way too strict on mods...
you know this only works for so long typically about 1-2 years at most, seen to many peeps try it and then get realy screwed over for it. In order to make it really work you need to maintain an outta state DL that matches the state ur plates r from. Then you will also have to prove you have a residence in the state your dl and plates r from. typically you can bs it for a while, but once they catch you, well lets just say hope they don't catch you

ant said it best, when it comes to cali you gotta pay to play (go figure we have one of the biggest import scenes, yet the most fucked up laws)

·
Registered
965 Posts
why would post something so retarded, oh wait you're from new jersey nuff said

you know this only works for so long typically about 1-2 years at most, seen to many peeps try it and then get realy screwed over for it. In order to make it really work you need to maintain an outta state DL that matches the state ur plates r from. Then you will also have to prove you have a residence in the state your dl and plates r from. typically you can bs it for a while, but once they catch you, well lets just say hope they don't catch you

ant said it best, when it comes to cali you gotta pay to play (go figure we have one of the biggest import scenes, yet the most fucked up laws)
True that. The thing is, if i switch to california residency then everythings going to get way more expensive and i dont want that. I can prove that i have residency in the state of NH where i originally lived, and my car is up too date, legit stickers, plates, registration, and all that good stuff.

But thanks for the tip! Screw da police! Honestly though, i dont see the problem with me living in california under my NH plates, i dont really see why it matters....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts