·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what r some basic mods that r needed to auto x for a em2

·
K-Series Legend
2,307 Posts
Brakes! thats really all you need. then learn to drive your car!

The common misconception is that you need to mod your car like crazy, but in all actually you really don't. When i first started i was on an OEM suspension and the stock D17 block. NO mods. I just learned the limits of my car and pushed it to them when i raced. But if you want to Auto-x, the part that gets the most wear on um are the breaks entering and exiting turns. So upgrading them do a nice set of Hawks and Brembo blanks is a good idea! Suspension is key, but you can just change your camber anges a little bit on the stock side for a more aggressive setting and you would be okay. But a set of Blues and nice set of springs wouldnt hurt either. other than that... Just drive the damb thing!

·
Registered
4,886 Posts
this is all i have on my car...

gc coilover sleeves, progress rear sway bar + corsport endlinks, 00 si wheels with falken azenus rt-615

i'm switching to progress competition coilovers in the spring. i think these are the only mods you really need... and of course brakes and a DOT helmet.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i have springs so if i destroy springs i get a set

·
Registered
167 Posts
bruce just recked his car today!!!

- sucks dude

·
Registered
167 Posts
haha!!!

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Don't blame your poor judgement on the 'snow', if you go into an accident while it was snowing/raining/hailing/anythinging, you were most likely driving to fast for the conditions, it's that simple.

A good pair of snow tires make all the difference.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i slide 20-30 feet with no control in my nieghborhood crawling 5-10 mph . and it slide down the hill in gear and ebrake all the way up so yea

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
engine wise its staying stock til i sell the hatch h22 project [ any one have mounts???]
then its k20 hopefully only 5k right but ill mess with the suspension cuz it will stay on there after the swap

·
Registered
801 Posts
going to my first event in a week and a half with just new brembo rotors and hawk pads. cant wait! ill post some pics after

1 - 19 of 19 Posts