Honda Civic Forums - 7thGenHonda banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm finishing up an auto to manual swap in my 02 coupe.... The engine died so I grabbed an engine/tranny and all the parts out of an 05 sedan from a buddy that owns an auto recycling company..

I took it for it's first drive last night... Learned I need an alternator after I walked half way home.. LOL...

Here's the weird part.. I haven't swapped the ECU yet, I'm still running the auto one. I had to ground out the wire under the dash to get the car to start (and get the key out of the ignition after) but I'm not rev limited.. I had it over 6500 rpm last night... ????? I know sitting in my driveway I'm limited to 5000 but when I was moving on the street I wasn't. I thought I'd NEED the manual ECU and get honda to reflash...

All my wiring would be auto harnesses except the engine harness should be the manual one as it came with the newer engine/manual trans..

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
its possible, same thing happen to me although after a couple miles it went to limp mode, get the mt ecu anyway as the auto ecu will set off a CEL

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
its possible, same thing happen to me although after a couple miles it went to limp mode, get the mt ecu anyway as the auto ecu will set off a CEL
I had no idea. Thanks for confirming it's possible! :) Got the mt ecu, just have to get down to the dealership one of these days. I called them, $69 to do the flash, sounds like a decent deal to me!

I dont see the problem, as long as the rev limiter at 7200 is still there
Yup, rev limiter is still at 7200.

·
Registered
6 Posts
So how's it going with yours, I just did the same thing?

Auto harness, Auto Ecu, Shift controller in P, Dash Lights for P and D, starts without clutch or brake, no noticeable Vtec engagement, CEL for 2 transmission codes when 4th Ecu plug is disconnected/ 5 transmission codes when connected, drives great...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts