Honda Civic Forums - 7thGenHonda banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my em2 is an automatic, and i wanna manual swap it, do i have to get a manual ecu, harness, and gauge cluster to make it easier?
Also would the dash's harness be a problem.
(btw can i use a manual car gauge cluster to make it look cleaner instead of the auto gauge cluster?)

The only problem is i do want to k20 swap it with a manual tranny but idk how difficult that would be with wiring and such. Just because the d17 probably isnt worth building.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I went auto to manual k20, you'd need the k20 ecu and engine harness, I kept the auto gauge cluster, works fine. Dash harness no issue to me. I got a conversion harness so I didn't have to deal with the wiring.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Okay was there any other problems u came across, and like did u get a k tuned kit if u did what did u get in the kit? Also do u have to get it tuned or possibly a base map just to drive it to a tuner

·
Registered
16 Posts
There’s 4 different wiring harnesses underneath dash, the main wiring harness is the same between A/T, & M/T. The PCM sub harness, and the drivers control sub harness are different.
VTEC academy has a write up on converting an RSX to manual, YouTube videos as well on how to modify those two harnesses. Otherwise it’s about $300 for the harnesses new from Honda which is what I did, and I just swapped them.
Basically there’s switches on the A/T shifter that you’ll cut out of the harness and extend the wires to the clutch pedal switches.
I bought the correct harnesses from Honda, and swapped them - correct based on year, trim level, body style (coupe vs sedan)

you’ll need an ECU from a matching year. The o2 sensors are different from ‘01-‘03 EX, LX to ‘04-‘05 EX, LX, DX. The ECU has to be a M/T, and match your year.

gauge cluster doesn’t matter. If you swap harnesses instead of modyifing the A/T harnesses. You’ll also need an under dash fuse box from the matching year, trim, body style Civic as your current, but, from a M/T Civic.

really, it’s not worth it, but, I did it with a k pro instead of a stock ECU.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts