Mods on it when i bought it:
DC 4-2-1 Header
Skunk2 Intake Manifold
AEM CAI from a Y7 Manifold cut to fit lol *ghetto Fab*
Dynomax muffler *nothing special mostly ricerrific*
Stock Struts running Skunk2 Spings
Megan Rear Strut bar
Stock Front Strut tower brace

I got it with about 119000 miles on it for a pretty fair price. It was previously an SCCA STS class champion car but all mods were since taken off. Well im trying to restore it to its previous state and maybe even a little better.

Recently i pick up:

as well as a newer D16y7 head:

So why did i pick up a new head your wondering? LOL 2 words Delta 262! its just a simple regrind on the cam that will give me a little more lift and durration and still keep my car streetable. Also send the head to get a stage 1 PnP and valve job wont hurt as well. Not to mention the valve seals on my current head have pretty much had it and there a broken valve cover bolt in it that i really dont want to have to dig out.

So for now the parts will wait to be worked on... There are other plans awaiting this car, but for now i need a DD while Super Civic under goes some massive changes.*post to be made later on when i get to that stage*

·
Registered
28 Posts
congrads on the new ride as for motor wise you didn't want a CTR motor or at least a GSR motor still will be streetable and would be again a scca champ but hey it you car GL with the build and keep us updated I see a drop comming soon..............

·
K-Series Legend
2,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
congrads on the new ride as for motor wise you didn't want a CTR motor or at least a GSR motor still will be streetable and would be again a scca champ but hey it you car GL with the build and keep us updated I see a drop comming soon..............
one word Overplayed LOL! Besides eventually Im moving my K20a into it form the EM2... Em2 Has a new heart coming soon *just need to finish saving the funds to finish financing the build.* But that should be my 9sec street rod if all goes to plan..

Not to mention i have to keep this car STS legal till then, its has a better PAX time.

·
thehighestsociety.com
1,414 Posts
whoa..! i always wanted a ek. good luck and enjoi!

·
The Almighty
25,301 Posts
im in for this one too, interesting

·
Rated H for Honda
6,735 Posts
Why would you get Delta? The cam grinds on there are so basic that the powerband is so short. Look at Bisi cam, his grinds are R&D ridiculously. Gaurantee you will see more power, and through the whole powerband.

Why also run a SAFC or VAFC whatever crap ass module you picked up, you can run a P28 if its VTEC or P06 and get way better tuning out of it. Its cheap, and you can run Crome which is well known throughout the tuning world.

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
always wanted a ek as well couldn't fond one when i was in the market for one.

Ditch that mid hatch spoiler..its fricking ugly IMO

·
Registered
900 Posts
nice car man. good luck with both of ur projects:)

·
K-Series Legend
2,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Why would you get Delta? The cam grinds on there are so basic that the powerband is so short. Look at Bisi cam, his grinds are R&D ridiculously. Gaurantee you will see more power, and through the whole powerband.

Why also run a SAFC or VAFC whatever crap ass module you picked up, you can run a P28 if its VTEC or P06 and get way better tuning out of it. Its cheap, and you can run Crome which is well known throughout the tuning world.

Cause im not looking for a super aggressive cam this is still my DD. I have done a little resarch into i want and i feel a Delta will fit my needs a little better.

As for the P28, yeah thats not really and option. as stated by SCCA STS rules only piggy back adapters are allowed to be used for engine managment.

This isnt going to be a drag car yet. Its going to be a road race beast! lol

·
Rated H for Honda
6,735 Posts
oh damn didnt know scca had that rule. gotcha.

bisi has lots of R&D, im tellin you check them out. his level 2 cam which still holds the stock idle shows 15% from 1500-6k.

i sound like a salesman, but bisi knows his shit for sohc's man. and ur only gonna pay 100 bux more for the R&D and the quality over a basic regrind from delta.

like you said you havent researched much, i was just throwing it out there for you mang. good luck though, i am def watching.

·
K-Series Legend
2,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
that mid wing got to go other then that look frekin sweet love the ek hatches!!!! :tup:
I just dont see it, i like the mid wing actually i have a pick of a sick hatch with type r wing and mid wing! Ill try and post it up later.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts