Honda Civic Forums - 7thGenHonda banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings,
I’d like to take this opportunity to thank everyone on this forum for contributing solutions to many members problems. I have learned a lot, I am a new member this is my first post.
Currently my sons 2005 civic DX MT is throwing a code for the barometric pressure sensor (P2227). We had a diagnostic test run on it and we were told the car needs to have the ECU replaced, *they referred us to HondaI have researched the issue and it seems like it’s gonna cost a lot if we bring it to Honda. I did hear that there are “plug & play” ECU’s. Is anyone familiar with this problem, or with using a “plug & play“ ECU? His vehicle will not pass inspection in its current state. It’s high mileage (231k) and is used mainly for commuting to work/school (not pimped out). The car runs great *the check engine light stays off for only 15 miles after we clear it. We’d rather not buy another car if we don’t have to.
thanks a lot 👍

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi!
You can buy used ECU and replace it by yourself.
As for me, I would start with replacing of barometric pressure sensor.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi!
You can buy used ECU and replace it by yourself.
As for me, I would start with replacing of barometric pressure sensor.
Thanks for your reply. From what I understand, the baro sensor is contained within the ECU. I understand the ECU is easy to replace, however a new ECU requires reprogramming by Honda to sync the key with the ECU in order to override the disabling device *which leads to my question. I heard JDM ECU’s are plug and play, if anyone knows this to be true, or has better information regarding my scenario please chime in.
thanks all.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Great... Can't wait to encounter this mess. I wonder if the key could be done like the keyfob? This might need more research but when my remote battery died I was able to re-pair it with some dash gymnastics, but it's just a thought in passing. Good luck with it and be sure to sure the outcome. :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts