Honda Civic Forums - 7thGenHonda banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I'm new to the Honda community my 04 rubs great only problem is the suspension is loud af and it's super floaty and handles like shit clunking sounds from both front and rear thought maybe this rebuild kit would help but idk so if yall got any ideas tell me

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11 Posts
I can only give general advice here. I think you'd be better off taking a look underneath to identify the offending part or parts. Park where you can get under it safely and get somebody to rock the chassis while you scope out the suspension bits. Rattling like that is often easy to find and sometimes easy to fix, like a stabilizer ball joint popped out. You get wandering, scads of body roll and uneven tire wear, and it's like 30min to fix it. One time a guy asked me about a annoying rattle and after getting him to turn the wheels both ways I reached in and pulled a bar end right out and handed it to him.(03 dodge caravan) It could also be a broken strut mount. Most of the ball joint parts will shimmy like crazy when they go.
Or it could be a bad case of rubber rot and you need the whole 9 yards like in that kit. If you're still in doubt after trying to find the rattles, In which case you might either want to let the pro fix it or get yourself a swear jar, ball joint fork, a 3 prong gear puller, air chisel, mallet, torch, 10 ton press and have at it.

I recommend replacing the stock stabilizer bars while you're under there. Honda soften them for the American market after 01, removed some of them completely and then put small ones back, as in our 04 model cars. I got the Eibach kit which worked very well in my 04 ex sedan
Sit's flat and patches through corners nicely, increased bump steer keeps you awake though.

Good luck with it!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts