Honda Civic Forums - 7thGenHonda banner

1984 Mazda RX7 GSL

Tags
daily driver
14K views 150 replies 25 participants last post by  tipnitty 
#1 · (Edited)
Here is my new daily driver i just picked up.

1984 Mazda RX-7. It's the first gen FB model. It has the 12A rotary. Sidedraft carburator, aftermarket intake manifold, aftermarket header. Its a bit rough but the body is in good shape and it runs like a top.

As of right now this is strictly a daily driver so i can park the EM2 for the rebuild. Down the road i'll either sell the RX7 or fix it up as a road race or drift car.

Plans include a general cleaning up. some paint. and maybe a few things like rims, seats.

If i decided to make a project out of this down the road i can pull the rotary and turn the cross member 180degrees and drop a Ford 302 (Fox body mustang 5.0L) in with no problems. i've heard rumors of hte stock rear end handling over 800hp reliably out of a supercharged 302.

Anyway, onto a few pictures

picture of the header and intake manifold

See less See more
#2 ·
sand it and spray it flat black rattle can. other than that she looks pretty good.

#7 ·
Looks good Dan like Chris said spary that shit with cans and make it black and leave it that way till the rebuild is done.

#14 ·
hey dan, if u need any mazda parts, or resources, im working at a mazda dealer, and have every resource u could ever need. hit me up if u need anything, u have my cell # sweet pickup btw, what did u pay

#17 ·
i'm sure i'll be needing a few things for it. right now i've got to figure out whats wrong with the turn signals. i think its the relay cuz its not even clicking but from what i've read its a bitch to get to. oh well the fun of working on cars right? lol

#25 ·
Dan, repeat this to yourself everytime you get in that car. "I do not need more than two project cars". Your EM2 and Bri's rex are enough. I almost ended up pouring time and effort into Piggy, but came to my senses.

Nice DD pickup though!

#26 ·
i tell myself that everyday clint!

no i pulled the ecu (which is really just the flasher and turn signal circuit board) and couldnt get it to work. ive read you can fix them but i couldnt see what was broken. so i'm still on the hunt for the problem.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.