Honda Civic Forums - 7thGenHonda banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Kenbo's build..Built Head
2,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok guys...So i got my front springs installed and was working on the back. But I was unable to get the 17mm bolt off the bottom of the strut..so I took it to a shop to have them do it, and they said they got the bolt to come loose. but than it was just turning with the bushing. They told me they would have to cut the bolt and I would need new struts. So is this true? I really dont have the money to get new struts but I really want to get these springs on... Some people have said they think the bolt is siezed in the bushing and the only way to get it out is to cut it and get a new strut. So I am going to my buddies tonight to try and get it off..But the shop said they were unable to get the bolt out without cutting it..But I asked them if they tried hitting it from the other side..they said no...

So what do you guys think?

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
get the strut out and see if the bushing is really torn. you can maybe get away with just replacing the strut bushing. but you wont know till you take it apart from the car and look at it.

·
Kenbo's build..Built Head
2,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So I called dezod and talked to them. They def think the bolt is seized in the bushings. And I think they are right. So I am going to order 2 new struts from them. The blues. Than get the bolts cut off and put the new struts and springs on.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts