Honda Civic Forums - 7thGenHonda banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wanting to keep the speedo on point as possible and also a good lasting meaty tire which is why I'm choosing a 205/50. Now with lowering, how low am I safe too go so I don't rub but also get rid of some wheel gap? Rolling fenders or running weird camber is out of the question.

Thanks!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm running same size wheels with 195/55 and 24" ftg, havent slapped yet. With the 205/50s you could probably go 3/8" lower with maybe slight rear rolling, use a heat gun and the bar from a floor jack.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
I noticed on the Tire Calculator that 195/55 is only 1.0% off from my stock. 205/50 is 0.5% off. So the difference between your tire and the one I'm looking at is the width is smaller so it's harder to rub???

·
Registered
769 Posts
I noticed on the Tire Calculator that 195/55 is only 1.0% off from my stock. 205/50 is 0.5% off. So the difference between your tire and the one I'm looking at is the width is smaller so it's harder to rub???
Yea there not far off, with a 195 you get slight stretch and little to no rubbing, over the 205 which is a wider width. The 205 well need a slight ghetto roll in the rear if you want to lower it to the tire, other than that you won't have any problems.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So I'm going a different route. Going 16x8 with a +20 offset. I think it will look better with a wider tire. And then get a 195/45 or so tire.

·
Registered
769 Posts
That'd be cool and it would look sick but I wouldn't do that much stretch during the winter, its not safe, do a 205 or so then switch to 195 for summer stretch. Your going to need to roll your fenders or grind them down either way.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
That'd be cool and it would look sick but I wouldn't do that much stretch during the winter, its not safe, do a 205 or so then switch to 195 for summer stretch. Your going to need to roll your fenders or grind them down either way.

Yeah I was mistaken. 205 is the tire choice. Now question, can I STILL use a 205/50 on a 16x8 wheel? Getting too many people saying different things. What are the recommended Tire sizes to run for a x8 width wheel? I can't find it anywhere. I want to make sure I get a good meaty tire that is still close to my speedo and NOT stretching the tire. Also going this route, will I still be okay lowering my ride about 1.5-2 inches? I don't want any weird camber or rolling fenders.

If it's a problem with the stretching and or having to do the fenders and stuff, then I will just stay with getting 16x7 and go the safe route. These wheels come in 16x7 also but the offset is +25 instead of like a +40 like Rota Grid has. Would that look flush with my fender more so than the 16x7 +40 Rota Grid's???

·
Registered
769 Posts
Yeah I was mistaken. 205 is the tire choice. Now question, can I STILL use a 205/50 on a 16x8 wheel? Getting too many people saying different things. What are the recommended Tire sizes to run for a x8 width wheel? I can't find it anywhere. I want to make sure I get a good meaty tire that is still close to my speedo and NOT stretching the tire. Also going this route, will I still be okay lowering my ride about 1.5-2 inches? I don't want any weird camber or rolling fenders.

If it's a problem with the stretching and or having to do the fenders and stuff, then I will just stay with getting 16x7 and go the safe route. These wheels come in 16x7 also but the offset is +25 instead of like a +40 like Rota Grid has. Would that look flush with my fender more so than the 16x7 +40 Rota Grid's???
Usually people run 215s on 8" wheels but those wheels have low offset too so you would need a skinnyer tire, if you don't want to roll or stretch just stick with your original choice of 7" 40 offset.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah I think for a safer route I should do the x7 +40 and then if I want some poke, I can run a spacer on the wheels. I appreciate the help brother.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts