Honda Civic Forums - 7thGenHonda banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

03-05 struts fit onto a 01-02 Civic?

6K views 17 replies 8 participants last post by  RHCP0801 
#1 ·
Well, I bought some Tokico Blues a couple months ago from one of Ravi's friends, and he told me all I had to do was drill out 2mm on the crash bolt to make them fit, since 01-02 are 14mm and 03-05 are 16mm in size. But, then I looked at the sticky in the suspension thread, and noticed 01-02 struts are 50mm and 03-05 are 55mm. Now, will that make a difference, or will I have any problems with them fiting on my sportline springs or anything like that?

I just wanted some peace of mind, before I have my friend's dad attempt to put struts on my car that wont fit, and drill into my crash bolt and not having the struts work, and me screwed.

Any help is appreciated, i'd rather find out now, then the hardway.

#3 ·
Ahh.. Alright, thanks. I just wanted to make sure. I didn't know if the 5mm difference in struts mattered or anything.

Well, I have a 01 Civic, and I bought 03-05 struts. So they should work if I drill the crash bolt out 2mm, right?

#5 ·
But I have 03-05 struts, and I want them on my 01 Civic. But, since the struts I have are 16mm, and my crash bolt size on a 01-02 is 14mm, wouldn't I just have to drill 2mm(on the car) to make it 16mm, and for the strut to work?

#8 ·
Dammit.. Ravi, his friend, and even Francis convinced me otherwise and said thats what he did.. Well, anyone need some Tokico blues? Guess i'll have to hit up the fs thread and bitch at Ravi :pisschair:

#13 ·
No no, the holes on mine are 14mm(since I have an 01) so wouldn't I just have to drill 2mm and they would fit..? Everyone is confusing me >_<.

#14 ·
01-02 civic struts have a clevis bracket with 14mm holes in it. 03-05 struts will have a 16mm holes. you can bolt them up but there will most likely be play between the strut and the knuckle. housing diameter (50mm vs 55mm) is only relevant when installing koni inserts and not in your case. you would need the washer inserts for these to bolt on without play. tein, ksport and a few other coilovers supply these washers to work with the 14mm knuckle. contact one of those companies about it
:dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.