|11-04-2007, 12:03 AM||#1|
DIY: EP3 Steering Wheel Install
This DIY is pretty self explanatory and takes about 10-30 min tops. I read the other DIYs, but they either used a different size tools or included unecessary steps, so i decided to write a simplified version.
T25/T30 socket (01-02 uses the T25 and 03-05 uses the T30)
1. Disconnect the negative end of the battery and let car sit for at least 10-15min. Also, make sure the steering wheel is straight.
2. Use a T25/T30 socket to remove the two bolts holding the airbag.
3. Wiggle the airbag out.
4. Disconnect the black, yellow and green connectors (horn, airbag, and cruise control, respectively).
5. Remove the center 19mm nut. This is the only thing holding the wheel to the column, so it requires a little muscle.
6. Wiggle the steering wheel, then pull straight forward. The wheel will not come out if pulled at an angle.
7. Put the EP3 wheel onto the bolt.
8. Put the 19mm nut back on.
9. Connect the cruise control unit from your em/es steering wheel.
10. Secure the cruise control unit using the same screws. You will have to trim the cruise control unit or the steering wheel cover to make the unit fit. It's your choice. I trimmed the cover because it's only $15 at honda compared to the $50 unit.
11. Connect the horn. It's on the airbag and should be identical to the one on the stock wheel except in a different location.
12. Route the airbag wires into the wire holder (on theleft side of the steering wheel) and connect it.
13. Wiggle the airbag onto the wheel.
14. Secure the airbag using the two screws from your old wheel (if you don't have new screws).
15. Connect battery.
16. Turn ignition to "on" until SRS light disappear.
ALSO! (on Page 2 w/ pics by LatinEM2)
|11-05-2007, 04:14 PM||#4|
lol yeah...let the car sit for a good 10-15 min before you touch anything. also, turn on the ignition from the passenger side and wait til the airbag light goes away. lol chances are once it's connected it won't pop out. also, this time of the year there's not really much static so it's a good time to install
|11-19-2007, 08:36 AM||#8|
Join Date: Jul 2007
Total Points: 1,000,407,169.63
man diys need pix; good job none the less i guess
|diy, ep3, install, steering, wheel|