Mediacom Copyright Infringement Notice? - 7th Gen Honda Forum - The #1 Community for 2001-2005 Honda Civic Enthusiasts
7th Gen Honda Forum - The #1 Community for 2001-2005 Honda Civic Enthusiasts

7thGenHonda.com is the premier Honda Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Old 01-13-2010, 03:44 PM   #1
Vilex

Vilex is an unknown quantity at this point

Total Points: 578,284,695,617.36
Default Mediacom Copyright Infringement Notice?

So I got a letter from my ISP (Mediacom) today telling me they've received a notice that i've been using my account to download copyrighted materials. Here's what the letter says.

COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT NOTICE

Mediacom has received a notice that you or someone using your account for the Mediacom Online high-speed internet service has posted, transmitted, or shared with others certain copyrighted material without the permission of the owner, thereby engaging in copyright infringement. A copy of this notice is attached.

Infringement Details
Name of Work:
IP Address:
Date:
Reporting Agency:

If the complaint is true, this behavior violates the terms of your Customer and User Agreement and our Acceptable Use Policy for the Mediacom Online service. You received copies of the Customer and User Agreement and our Acceptable Use Policy at the time your use of the Mediacom Online service began, and copies can also be reviewed online at www.mymediacom.tv/user policies.

Please keep in mind that you are responsible for violations by all persons using your account. According to the Mediacom Acceptable Use Policy: http://www.help.mymediacomonline.com...read/publisher 01/2002-11-22.01

"If you are a subscriber to the service, you are responsiblefor any misuse of the service by anyone using it through your account, even if a friend, family member, guest, or other person commited the innappropriate activity with access to your account. A violation of these policies by someone using the service through you or your account will be considered a violation by you, whether or not with your knowledge or consent"

Having received this notice, Mediacom is required by law to act expeditiously to remove or disable access to the files or other materials specified in the notice. Accordingly, we require that you immediately remove or disable access to all files and materials specified in the notice, as well as any others that you may be posting, transmitting or sharing (on a "peer-to-peer" basis or otherwise) without the permission of the copyright owner. If you do not do so within the next twenty-four hours, or if at any time we receive an additional complaint that your account is being used to infringe any copyright with regard to these or other files or materials, Mediacom will exercise all of our rights and remedies, including and without limitation, suspending or permanently terminating your use of the Mediacom Online service. Copyright infringement may also subject the infringer to liability to the copyright owner for as much as $250,000 for each infringement. Violation of copyright law is also a federal crime if done willfully with intent to profit.

Well, looks like my downloading illegally is over with.. Unless I found a way around this. I'm honestly kind of scared. Might have to try PeerGuardian 2 and block my ip and make things more secure..

It says I illegally downloaded a movie, "2012" when I called them.

Fucking mediacom. I've been downloading crap for YEARS, and I havn't even downloaded anything illegal in the past 2~4 weeks at least and I NOW get this..?

BenCronin04: fuck the viper and NSX
BenCronin04: yeah I said fuck the NSX on a honda site, so wut?

Last edited by Vilex; 01-13-2010 at 03:48 PM.
Vilex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 04:15 PM   #2
lowlife9

lowlife9 can only hope to improvelowlife9 can only hope to improvelowlife9 can only hope to improve

Total Points: 35,320,889,917.76
No Message - metalviper No Message - metalviper No Message - metalviper No Message - metalviper No Message - metalviper 
No Message - JDMLee No Message - metalviper No Message - JDMLee No Message - metalviper No Message - metalviper 
No Message - metalviper No Message - metalviper No Message - metalviper No Message - metalviper No Message - metalviper 
No Message - metalviper No Message - metalviper No Message - metalviper To add to your collection - 01Pipes No Message - Top Gun 

dam your screwd they going to throw the book at you . when they actually find people doing this they go all out in court you just fucked with there money there going to want it back thats 250,000 each illegal download.

Last edited by lowlife9; 01-13-2010 at 04:19 PM.
lowlife9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 04:20 PM   #3
20civic04

20civic04 has a brilliant future20civic04 has a brilliant future20civic04 has a brilliant future20civic04 has a brilliant future20civic04 has a brilliant future20civic04 has a brilliant future20civic04 has a brilliant future20civic04 has a brilliant future20civic04 has a brilliant future20civic04 has a brilliant future20civic04 has a brilliant future

Total Points: 1,776,071,598.81
For being photoshop God... - Mralbino thanks for the chop man - BlkCivic 

one of my brothers friends just got caught too. damn looks like they might be cracking down
20civic04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 04:24 PM   #4
qijian

qijian is an unknown quantity at this point

Total Points: 945,495,559,716.72

f**king charter sent me something on dec.4 similar to this too. saying someone downloaded "the longest yard"... is this shit just a warning? or is it a real crack down?

. . . . . . . . ."I Rather Drive A Slow Car Fast, Than A Fast Car Slow". . . . . . . . .
2001 Honda Civic EX - Daily
2013 Scion FRS - Wkend

qijian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 04:28 PM   #5
qijian

qijian is an unknown quantity at this point

Total Points: 945,495,559,716.72

oh heres a link to almost exactly the letter they sent me down the page...but so far in the readings..its just a warning..and some guy has had 6 of them...lol

. . . . . . . . ."I Rather Drive A Slow Car Fast, Than A Fast Car Slow". . . . . . . . .
2001 Honda Civic EX - Daily
2013 Scion FRS - Wkend

qijian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 04:37 PM   #6
Vilex

Vilex is an unknown quantity at this point

Total Points: 578,284,695,617.36

I think it's just a warning.. Gotta find a way around this shit.

BenCronin04: fuck the viper and NSX
BenCronin04: yeah I said fuck the NSX on a honda site, so wut?
Vilex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 05:45 PM   #7
bassackwards

Resident Photochopper

bassackwards has a spectacular aura aboutbassackwards has a spectacular aura aboutbassackwards has a spectacular aura aboutbassackwards has a spectacular aura aboutbassackwards has a spectacular aura aboutbassackwards has a spectacular aura aboutbassackwards has a spectacular aura aboutbassackwards has a spectacular aura aboutbassackwards has a spectacular aura aboutbassackwards has a spectacular aura about

Total Points: 2,000,005,326.04
For your NAVY Service! - Limestand 
Portugal 48 Jimmie Johnson Chelsea

redbox is a buck a night.... cmon now.
Old 01-13-2010, 05:54 PM   #8
20civic04

20civic04 has a brilliant future20civic04 has a brilliant future20civic04 has a brilliant future20civic04 has a brilliant future20civic04 has a brilliant future20civic04 has a brilliant future20civic04 has a brilliant future20civic04 has a brilliant future20civic04 has a brilliant future20civic04 has a brilliant future20civic04 has a brilliant future

Total Points: 1,776,071,598.81
For being photoshop God... - Mralbino thanks for the chop man - BlkCivic 

yea but what about songs. i sure as hell am not paying a dollar a song or whatever it costs.
20civic04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 06:00 PM   #9
Alpha 5

Alpha 5 has a spectacular aura aboutAlpha 5 has a spectacular aura aboutAlpha 5 has a spectacular aura aboutAlpha 5 has a spectacular aura aboutAlpha 5 has a spectacular aura aboutAlpha 5 has a spectacular aura aboutAlpha 5 has a spectacular aura aboutAlpha 5 has a spectacular aura aboutAlpha 5 has a spectacular aura aboutAlpha 5 has a spectacular aura about

Total Points: 1,217,040,803.04
No Message - Alpha5'sotherwoman No Message - Alpha5'sotherwoman has some cake without the icing - Alpha5'sotherwoman Are you hungry? - Dre4meR 
UCLA Oakland Raiders

I work for Verizon, we send out a lot of those letters.
The letter should provide you with your IP and the date and time the media was illegally downloaded.
It usually takes a month or two from the time you get the illegal content to the time you get the letter.
Weather or not you are prosecuted is solely up to the owner of the content.
I have seen people fined a lot of money for one download and then I have seen people get 8 or so letters before any legal action.

It all depends on the owner of the content.

BlackBerry Crew
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedfoos View Post
stop making fucking threads on every basic question that has been covered at length on this and many other sites. This is 7thgenhonda.com. Not Spoonfeedthenoob.com.
Alpha 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 06:04 PM   #10
jonathan2006

Cammin'

jonathan2006 is an unknown quantity at this pointjonathan2006 is an unknown quantity at this point

Total Points: 112,568,709,184.56
Hey dude sorry about what happened, ill write you the rest in a pm - bryce023 
6 Mark Martin Philadelphia 76ers Dallas Cowboys

arent there privacy laws...........

EM2 Build Thread
BB2 Build Thread
MX6 Build Thread
Facebook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Local Kid View Post
hey do you know where i can find a vtec pully? I didn't see any on password jdm.
jonathan2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement