Do not use seafoam!!! - 7th Gen Honda Forum - The #1 Community for 2001-2005 Honda Civic Enthusiasts
7th Gen Honda Forum - The #1 Community for 2001-2005 Honda Civic Enthusiasts

7thGenHonda.com is the premier Honda Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Old 09-06-2009, 06:01 PM   #1
BMB

BMB can only hope to improve

Total Points: 1,000,031,469.18
Default Do not use seafoam!!!

This is in response to other topics where people are recomending seafoam. Guys i used seafoam once a while ago did it exactly like stated, but later after no real effect i did some in depth reading and talking to serious mechanics at toyota dealership where my friend works and honda THAT SHIT IS THE WORST SHIT U COULD EVER PUT IN YOUR CAR!!!!!! DO NOT USE SEAFOAM!!!! coutless testomonials on internet of how they completly fuck all the seals in your engine screw with ur injectors and just plain fuck your car wont notice so much on newer engines but on older cars with old valve seal use seafoam then take it in shop ull see what they say wtf did u use on your car... My cousin has 1995 integra 215xxxk also he used it and then had huge leak from valve cover took it in and guess what seafoam ate the shit and he had to get all new seals and the one he had was old but seafoam fucked its life. DO NOT USE SEAFOAM!!!! do the research if you dont believe me!!!google is ur friend.
BMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 06:23 PM   #2
Greeenie

The Almighty

Greeenie has a reputation beyond reputeGreeenie has a reputation beyond reputeGreeenie has a reputation beyond reputeGreeenie has a reputation beyond reputeGreeenie has a reputation beyond reputeGreeenie has a reputation beyond reputeGreeenie has a reputation beyond reputeGreeenie has a reputation beyond reputeGreeenie has a reputation beyond reputeGreeenie has a reputation beyond reputeGreeenie has a reputation beyond repute

Total Points: 1,115,523,177,340,172.88
Nothing says good job like the gift of fish! - speedfoos IA 08' Crew w00t! - Mralbino I. Like. You. - Mralbino thanks fukker - rj - DEIJ I got you some Fireside Nut Brown for ya - Mralbino 
Have some puffs with aloe, Hope you get to feeling better! - Alpha5'sotherwoman i owe ya a beer when we meet up at IA for the help on the vic. - Dhezee thanks for listening to my rant and talkin to him!  appreciate it man!!   bryce - bryce023 Thought you might need some of this old man ;). - Vilex b-day - taylorsherk 
Awesome birthday gift to amyhates! - aliefjoker 
New York Yankees Dallas Cowboys

I have to disagree, there are times that it can make problems worse, but ive been useing it for years and never had a problem, u cant take what 5 people say over years of experience. opnions are like assholes, we all have em, and they all stink. if u want a really good, solid fuel injector cleaner, that works well, use Lucas injector cleaner, its oil based and safe

Pete i like the meat curtains
my build thread
i <3 pete
uıɐƃɐ ʎɐqǝ ɯoɹɟ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ƃuıʎnq ɹǝʌǝu ɯɐ ı
Greeenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 07:17 PM   #3
eghatch4sale

eghatch4sale can only hope to improve

Total Points: 3,153,630,244.59

I don't belive in putting any kinda addatives into any of my cars !!!!!!! That shit does nothing good for the car besides a temporary fix possibly trying to save money only ends up costing you more money in the long run
eghatch4sale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 07:28 PM   #4
Kaotic_Zeus

Kaotic_Zeus is an unknown quantity at this pointKaotic_Zeus is an unknown quantity at this point

Total Points: 38,997,073,349.97

its not the first time i heard horror stories about seafoam.

PSN: kaotic_zeus
Kaotic_Zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 08:46 PM   #5
OhhBeKay

OhhBeKay is on a distinguished roadOhhBeKay is on a distinguished roadOhhBeKay is on a distinguished roadOhhBeKay is on a distinguished roadOhhBeKay is on a distinguished road

Total Points: 30,749,130,946.47

this debate will never end

OhhBeKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 08:53 PM   #6
bomerman19

Premium Subscriber

bomerman19 is a jewel in the roughbomerman19 is a jewel in the roughbomerman19 is a jewel in the roughbomerman19 is a jewel in the roughbomerman19 is a jewel in the roughbomerman19 is a jewel in the roughbomerman19 is a jewel in the roughbomerman19 is a jewel in the roughbomerman19 is a jewel in the roughbomerman19 is a jewel in the roughbomerman19 is a jewel in the rough

Total Points: 428,207,980,824.17
A pint of bitter.....ill make it a real one someday soon, Thanks alot :-) - Tomj333_EM2 

like adam said sometimes it can make a problem better or worse. it is some nasty stuff but it works great for me I use the stuff a lot and I have had my engine apart more then most peoples and it has never once hurt anything in my car. it is also the way I clean out my injectors a jewlery cleaner filled with sea foam works amazing. I love the stuff and I am not going to change cause I have seen what it has done first hand.

cause clint's a lazy bastard my build thread http://www.7thgenhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10229
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaGriz View Post
Welding it kinda like sex: It must feel good, look good, but the real key is good penetration!
bomerman19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 12:58 PM   #7
metalviper

Hi I'm _Daniel_

metalviper is a jewel in the roughmetalviper is a jewel in the roughmetalviper is a jewel in the roughmetalviper is a jewel in the roughmetalviper is a jewel in the roughmetalviper is a jewel in the roughmetalviper is a jewel in the roughmetalviper is a jewel in the roughmetalviper is a jewel in the roughmetalviper is a jewel in the roughmetalviper is a jewel in the rough

Total Points: 118,994,587,424.44
Thanks for the Fogs Bud - civic_em2 The Most Coolest Seller Ever. Thanks for a Wonderful Transaction Daniel! - Street Kings Thanks man! - bryce023 
San Francisco 49ers

doesnt it just reveal already messed up seals once the seafoam does its cleaning

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01civy View Post
cambered wheels is wasted traction
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhhBeKay View Post
4inch club *highfive*
metalviper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 01:08 PM   #8
rednwhite04

rednwhite04 is an unknown quantity at this point

Total Points: 1,847,596,541.59

I'm sure the fact that the car had 215,000 miles on it had nothing to do with having bad seals? I'm willing to bet the sea foam got rid of the junk that was sealing up those bad seals. Sea foam isn't meant for high mileage beaters. It's like flushing the trans on a car with 200k+ miles on it when it's never been done. Why?
rednwhite04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 01:15 PM   #9
Matt V

I DRIVE A GAY SCHOOL BUS!!!!

Matt V Matt V Matt V Matt V Matt V Matt V Matt V Matt V Matt V Matt V

Total Points: 1,000,574,613.93
Miami Dolphins

^ Agreed. Seafoam will show where you're leaking, especially if you have that many miles on it. I also am willing to bet those people put it in their crankcase as opposed to just putting it in their vacuum line.
Matt V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 01:18 PM   #10
R3dlineCivic01

R3dlineCivic01 can only hope to improve

Total Points: 1,000,003,538.79

waited a long damn time to use some sea foam, the motor is shot anyways, with 200+k miles, what a doober
R3dlineCivic01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement