Votes: 22 45.8%
  • Type R

Votes: 26 54.2%

Mugen or Type R Lip for EM2

Tags
em2 lip mugen type
25K views 48 replies 33 participants last post by  rglax1 
#1 ·
So, it was like around 16 degrees today and decided to wash the car and installed my front lip. My old Mugen style lip has a slight crack so I replaced it with the Type R kind. What do you guys think?
Mugen or Type R?

Mugen:

Type R:

See less See more
#23 ·
I'm running 15" nothing special Motegei MR7s. I had them since 2004, so maybe it's time for some upgrade. Here's a pic:

make sure you paint it too before you slap it on!
Yeah, I never put on a lip right out of the box. They're both painted.
type r or oem
My car didn't come with OEM. You're probably thinking of the Reverb model. It only came with a piece of rubber guard that goes all around the lower bumper where the lip goes.

Wow, close vote. 50/50 so far..

#14 ·
i wish i would have gotten the mugen now. i like the type r, but the mugen has just grown on me and i think it looks awesome.

#22 · (Edited)
Well i have an 01-03 front end but i am going to have the 04-05 bumper and tail lights and just figured the lip would match the rear bumper, and i probably wouldn't paint it just cause i'm going with the whole black and silver theme

#25 ·
Not in the market as of yet. I don't really mind them, although I had some so-so feedback about them. I bought them new back in 2004 with Falken 512 rubbers for around $800 on the road. If I was gonna sell them I don't think I'll get much for them (although there are not a single scratch on them). Probably looking around 4 bills with the rubbers.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.