Honda Civic Forums - 7thGenHonda banner

Keyless entry flashing parking and tail lights dont work and instrument backlight off

4K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  shippy132 
#1 ·
Hi Guys here is my situation,

I was driving on the highway yesterday pulling a small trailer and all of a sudden my speed/tach/fuel backlight turned off. When i got home i noticed that my keyless entry will lock and unlock the doors, but the my front parking lights do not flash or my tail lights don't flash when i lock or unlock the car. Usually when i unlock the car there are 2 beeps from inside the car and you can hear a relay clicking to turn the lights on and off but now i can't hear it. Every other light and function of the car is working.

I don't understand how the instrument backlight and the keyless lights are related, HELP!!

#4 ·
check the fuses. And for your alarm, I had the same problem last week. I noticed that when I locked it, it locked up fine, but the alarm didnt beep and my lights didn't flash.

To solve that problem I did a sequence putting my key into the ignition, putting it in and out 2-3 times. I hope you understand what I'm saying lol. Your car may be in what is called "Valet Mode".

Lemme know if you still don't understand what I'm saying. I'll then try to get a pic up of the manual I used to solve this problem.

#9 ·
I tried the procedure to get the car out of valet mode and it did not work. I'm not sure if it is in valet mode because the horn honks when i press the lock button twice, the only thing is that the lights do not flash.

I looked under the hood for the small lights fuse and did not know which one it is. I am going to look up what fuse it is now.

#14 ·
And the verdict is.....that 15 amp fuse just like you guys said!! It fixed everything, my lights now flash when i unlock the car, my parking lights now work, and my instrument cluster backlight is now working! It is crazy how all these different things are linked to the same fuse. I have to thank everyone for all their input and wish you all the best:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.